Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Quinoa Refresher--Perfectly Perked Quinoa...FINALLY!

The last several times I have made quinoa I have come up short and disappointed with the finished product. Not willing to just leave it because quinoa is delicious, versatile and highly nutritious, I decided to research it further and try again. The end result- I am happy to say- was successful and delicious.
So, I wanted to share my findings with you...

Here is a link to one of the articles I read:
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-quinoa-63344

And here is my adapted recipe:



Perfectly Perked Quinoa
From Kristi's Kitchen

Ingredients:

1 c. dry quinoa
2 c. filtered water
1 tsp. sea salt

Directions:

-Place all ingredients in a pot
-Heat to boiling, reduce heat slightly
-Simmer covered for twenty minutes and then beyond until you see that the quinoa has bloomed and that all the water has been absorbed (it took about 30 minutes total)

This turned out so nicely that I plan on going back through my quinoa recipes and adjusting them to meet this method! It was perfect!

Happy, Heathy Eating -Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment