Friday, December 16, 2011

Whole Oat Flour Bread

I have had lots of folks in my life looking for gluten -free options here lately and I too am wanting to move my family to a gluten free diet so, today I decided to play with oat flour...
I had been told that you could replace up to 1/3 of the flour in your recipes with oat flour but, being the "all in" kind of person that I am... I wanted to experiment...


So, here is my first attempt at a whole oat flour bread recipe...it is dense & moist (yeast-free), it sliced up nicely and had a very delicious flavor! I served it with egg salad for lunch and everyone loved it...


Extremely good for a first go - Hope you enjoy it!






Whole Oat Flour Bread
From Kristi's Kitchen

Ingredients:


3 c. oat flour
1 ½ tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. guar gum
1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1 ½ c. filtered water
¼ c. olive oil
1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
3 organic eggs, beaten

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls
-Mix wet into dry until smooth - this is a quick batter dough
-Pour into oiled 4x8 loaf pan
-Bake loaf in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes
-Cool in the pan for 15 minutes
-Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. Oat is a problem for many of us with gluten problems. Almond, Rice, Tapioca, Teff, or Coconut Flour is a better option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorreann, you can buy gluten-free oat flour. I have gluten problems, but haven't had problems with GF Oat Flour. You can even find it at Kroger. Hope you have success!

    ReplyDelete