Monday, September 5, 2011

From Almond Butter to Peanut Butter...

A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for "Home Spun Almond Butter".
I said in that post that I thought for sure you could apply the recipe to your nut of choice...
Today I decided to put action to my presumption! Our store bought natural peanut butter jar was running low and I had a bag of blanched, raw peanuts so... no time like the present!

I was right! With just a few minor adjustments to the recipe, it turned out beautifully... and delicious!

Here's how it goes:


Home Spun Peanut Butter
From Kristi's Kitchen

Ingredients:

3 c. raw blanched peanuts
3 tbsp. + 2 tsp. honey
1/2 c. grapeseed oil
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. sea salt

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss peanuts with 3 tbsp. of honey, sesame oil, salt and 3 tbsp. of the grapeseed oil
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes; until light golden brown
- Put peanuts and remaining honey in food processor and begin processing
- Scrap down the sides and continue processing
- Slowly drizzle 1/4 c. oil into processing mixture until completely smooth (you may are may not need remaining tbsp. of oil)
- Pour into mason jar and store in the refrigerator

KID TESTED & APPROVED!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment